What is Depression?
Depression is a serious mood disorder that keeps the person doomed under the heavy feeling of persistent sadness due to loss or certain life’s challenges. It is also termed clinical depression or major depressive disorder and can last for several days, weeks, or even months, depending on the magnitude of loss and the person’s capacity of dealing with it. It can interfere with your daily activities, the way you think and behave, and brings a whole ocean of emotional, mental, and physical complications if not dealt with meticulously.
Symptoms of Depression
Depression poses a large variety of symptoms, including:
- Feelings of sadness, emptiness, and hopelessness
- Disturbance in sleep pattern (insomnia or sleeping too much)
- Lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss
- Inability to think, focus, decide, or remember things
- Reduced libido
- Recurrent suicidal thoughts
- Inexplicable headache and back pain.