Summer is a time for tons of rest, relaxation, BBQs, and friends, but it could also be super tough on our bodies. As we are outdoors more – hopefully doing more physical activity and keeping active – we tend to neglect ourselves a bit more. We indulge in super yummy beverages and sneak some foods we might normally avoid, and then we wonder why, at the end of summer, we aren’t necessarily feeling our best. Of course, making more conscious decisions about what we do and what we eat can help the momentary pangs of regret, or we can forget regret and instead, indulge in some relaxing Mayernik Kitchen goodies. This month, our August Out of the Woods Apothecary Box focuses on some good, old-fashioned, feel-good relaxation elements. Here are the goodies we are super excited to share this month:
1. Yoga Mat Spray – Of course, this implies that you not only have, but actually use a yoga mat. But, if not, that’s ok. This spray works just about anywhere. Its calming lavender scent will have you feeling relaxed in seconds, and it disinfects, too! A quick spritz will have you refreshed and focused for an awesome yoga (or anything!) session.
2. Mayernik Garden Herbal Infused Salt – Last month, we received such rave reviews on our Basil Infused Olive Oil, that we decided to keep going with the cooking world. This month, we gathered some gourmet pink Himalayan salt and infused it with some basil, thyme, oregano, and rosemary – all collected right from our garden. This salt is such an awesome addition when cooking or grilling fresh veggies (or meats, if you go down that road), mixing salads, simmering some soups, or anything else you can think of.
3. Organic Cuticle Cream – I love a relaxing manicure as much as the next gal, but in reality, it is neatly impossible to keep up a regular manicure schedule. If you find yourself pressed for time, this is definitely for you. Applying some – preferably weekly – will help keep your cuticles super soft and strengthen those nails.
4. Mayernik Garden Lemongrass Tincture – We have foraged some lemongrass right out of our garden and infused it in vodka for over ten weeks. This resulted in a potent, healing tincture that can assist with digestion, cramps, bloating, and general pain relief. Matt swears this one helps his headaches, too! When you’re feeling a bit down, you can take a bit of this solo, or mix it in with some tea or warm water.
5. Rejuvenating Night Cream – Summer is the time for extended days, lots of sun, and likely, less personal pampering. When you feel like you need a little pick-me-up – or just each night – apply this cream to your face before bed. Your skin will wake up feeling refreshed and restored.
The overall message of this month’s box (ok, more like each month’s box) is to remember to allow small steps each day to ensure you’re taking the best care of yourself possible. It’s perfectly acceptable to insert a little “me” time into each day and find small ways to pamper your mind, body, and soul. Rest up, relax, and enjoy!