What are Anthelmintics?
Anthelmintic, also known as dewormers, are substances that treat parasitic worm infections in both people and animals. These parasites can include various types of worms like roundworms, tapeworms, and flukes, which can infest the gastrointestinal tract, tissues, or other body systems.
These substances function, depending on the type of parasite they are dealing with. In simple terms, they either paralyze the worms, making it easier for the body to expel them, or they disrupt the parasites' essential processes, which eventually leads to their demise. Anthelmintic herbs are considered a more natural alternative to pharmaceutical drugs but their use should be approached with caution, as the dosage and specific herb may vary based on the type of infection and individual factors.
What are the benefits of an Anthelmintic?
- Eliminate parasitic worm infection
- Alleviate the symptoms associated with infections
- Reduce the spread of parasitic infection
- Maintain the health of livestock and pets when used in animal
- Improve overall health and well-being