About the Recipe
Every spring, garlicky ramps are one of the first to be available in the North East. This recipe of pickled ramps, is seasonal, foraged and a great topping to any dish. These tasty little treats can be added to any meal.
- 1 handful Ramp Stems
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Whole peppercorns
- 11/16 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- In a medium sauce pan, combine red wine vinegar, water, salt and peppercorns.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes to cool.
- In a 10 oz. glass jar, add the ramp stems and pour the vinegar mixture into the jar. Make sure the stems are covered with the mixture. Cap the the mason jar and put in the fridge.
- Let the ramps sit for 24 hours before enjoying.
- Will last 2 weeks in a tightly sealed jar which is refrigerated.