About the Recipe
This winter chili will be sure to warm you to your bones! It makes enough to enjoy with friends or have for left overs.
- 2 whole Carrots; diced
- 1 whole White Onion; diced
- 3 stalkss Celery; diced
- 1 whole Red or Green Bell Pepper; diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno; diced
- 28 ounces Plum Tomato (can)
- 15 ounces Diced Tomato (can)
- 15 ounces Black Beans (can or dried and soaked)
- 1 cup Cremini Mushrooms; diced
- 1 cup Corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Dried Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Dried Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano
- Place large pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Once oil is hot, add carrots, white onion, celery,and jalapeno. Let vegetables cook covered for about 3 – 4 minutes over medium heat. Stiring occasionally.
- While the vegetables are cooking, empty can of diced tomatoes into a colander to remove some of the liquid. Then add to crock pot. Repeat the same process with the plum tomatoes; however crush the plum tomatoes with your hands before adding to the crock pot to break them down.
- Rinse black beans under cold water and drain.
- When vegetables are cooked, add bell pepper, cremini mushrooms,black beans and corn. Stir in dried coriander, cayenne pepper and oregano.Let the vegetable mixture cook for another 3 to 4 minutes on medium low.
- Place vegetable mixture into crock pot.
- Turn the crock pot on low and let it cook for 6 – 8 hours. You can always turn this on before work to have a great meal when you arrive home.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with diced fresh cilantro to add some freshness. Enjoy!