About the Recipe
This quick jam has no pectin. It's sweet and spicy and is just amazing! I know this combo sounds crazy but it's so tasty! I'm so happy I made it and even shared it with some friends. This jam makes a perfect little gift also!
- 3 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup Chopped Rhubarb
- 2 whole Large Jalapenos (seeds optional)
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon
- Place a small bowl in the freezer so you can test the jam.
- In a large, deep skillett, add raspberries, rhubarb, jalapeno, sugar and lemon juice. Heat and stir until it reaches a boil.
- Boil and stir until it thickens, around 10 minutes.
- When it seems like it's gelling, take your bowl out of the freezer. Put a small spoonful of jam in the bowl and let it sit for 30 seconds. Tilt it. If it slides too fast, keep cooking. If it slides slowly, it is done. Test every few minuets but don't overcook.
- Spoon jam into glass jar and seal tightly. Store into refrigerator for up to two weeks.