About the Recipe
Red, Green and Quinoa is a mix of fresh fruit and vegetables, nutty quinoa and pecans, and sweet dried fruit, all of which will make your taste buds dance!
- 1 cup Uncooked Quinoa
- 1 whole Pomegranate; seeds removed
- 1 stalks Leek, cleaned and sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Raw Organic Honey
- Bring quinoa and liquid to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cut pomegranate in half and take out all the seeds. Rinse and set aside.
- Add leek, pecans and dried cranberries into a large bowl. Mix.
- Add pomegranate seeds to bowl. Mix.
- Add quinoa to the mixture and drizzle in honey.
- BONUS TIP: When taking the pomegranate seeds out, do so in a bowl of water so you don't get the juice (which stains) all over you!