About the Recipe
Ramps are an early spring plant that can be harvested in the Northeast of the US. Ramps are very garlicky and are a great addition to your next pasta dish.
- 1 bunch Ramps
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Mixed Olives
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1/2 box Pasta of your Choice
- Prepare Pasta as according to box
- In a food processor, mix together ramps, parsley, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice until you get a chunky puree
- With a machine running, add olive oil in a slow stream, until mixture is smooth; add more oil if necessary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain and put into large serving bowl.
- Pour pesto, olives and roasted red peppers over pasta and mix throughout.
- Serve and Enjoy!