About the Recipe
Fiddlehead ferns are only available for a few weeks in the early spring. A delightful treat that can be easily cooked up and combined as a side dish to any meal.
- 24 whole Fiddlehead Ferns
- 1/2 cup White Onion
- 1/2 cup White Wine (dry chardonnay works, but so does whatever you have in the fridge)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 clovess Garlic
- Dice white onion and garlic
- Heat a stainless steel pan over medium heat and add olive oil. As soon as olive oil bubbles, add diced onions and cook for a few minutes.
- Next add garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Once onions and garlic are translucent, add Fiddlehead ferns. Cook for about 5 minutes, making sure that the onions/garlic do not burn.
- Slowly add in wine. As soon as the wine starts to boil, reduce heat. Let the fiddlehead ferns cook in the wine for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, plate, and Enjoy!