About the Recipe
Elderberry Syrup is a perfect preventive to overall good health!
- 3/4 cup Dried Elderberries
- 3 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Sliced Ginger
- 1 whole Cinnamon Stick
- 1 teaspoon Cloves
- 1 cup Raw Honey
- Place elderberries, water, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes to one hour.
- Remove from heat and using cheesecloth, strain out mixture. Transfer liquid to a jar and stir in honey.
- Keep in the fridge sealed for 2-3 weeks. A mason jar is perfect for this!
- I recommend taking one tablespoon every day as a preventive and every two to three hours if you feel a cold coming on.